[openstack-dev] [Tempest][Glance] Bogus Glance service and endpoint required for Tempest?

Frittoli, Andrea (Cloud Services) frittoli at hp.com
Fri Feb 7 19:49:51 UTC 2014

Two days ago a patch I submitted introduced lazy load of glance httpin the api section...  That already may help.
I'm also working on a patch for lazy load of all clients in the manager classes,  but that may take some more time before it's available

Andrea

Sent from my tiny device

---- Jay Pipeswrote ----

On Fri, 2014-02-07 at 12:01 -0700, Brian C Thornock wrote:
> We are currently developing towards an OpenStack deployment of just
> Keystone and Swift. Tempest would not run. We added a bogus Glance
> entry to the service catalog with a corresponding bogus Glance
> endpoint, and voila, Tempest ran and passed. Hmm.
>
> I am a newcomer to the OpenStack party, but this seemed odd because we
> did not deploy Glance but just added bogus entries to the service and
> endpoint lists. Magically, Tempest ran fine then. It clearly isn't
> making queries or requests to Glance, as nothing was listening on port
> 9292. Is it necessary then?

No, it should not be a requirement to run things like the Keystone and
Swift API tests, so that's a bug -- feel free to file one.

Likely can be fixed by identifying the piece of the Tempest module setup
that requires an image endpoint in the Keystone catalog and then making
that piece of code switchable by a config option.

Best,
-jay