[openstack-dev] [nova][baremetal] Status of nova baremetal and ironic

Chris K nobodycam at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 17:37:48 UTC 2014

Hi Taurus,

You are correct Ironic is under rapid development right now, there are
several patches in flight right now critical to Ironic. There have been
successful tests using Ironic to boot both vm's and real hardware, but at
this time I would say we are just about out of alpha and entering bata
stages. Ironic's Goal is to graduate from incubation in the Icehouse cycle,
and start integration in the "J" cycle. We are working on a migration path
from Nova-bm to Ironic as part of this graduation. With out knowing what
environment you are using Nova-bm it is very difficult to say when you
should look at switching, but off the top of my head I would say: "Look at
evaluating after the Icehouse release."  I would include with that "Check
back often, things are changing quickly."

Chris Krelle
NobodyCam

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 1:58 AM, Taurus Cheung <Taurus.Cheung at harmonicinc.com