[openstack-dev] pep8 barfs on long URL

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Fri Feb 7 14:25:02 UTC 2014

I have a comment which references a long URL. The URL itself is longer
than 80 characters. Jenkins has flagged this as a pep8 failure, because
the line is longer than 80 characters.

This is an instance where in the past I have always applied common sense
to the line length limit. You either have a long line or a broken URL.
As the long line is more usable in this instance, it's the lesser of 2
evils.

Is there a mechanism to to coerce Jenkins to allow it? Failing that, is
there a mechanism to manually ignore a specific Jenkins failure? Failing
that, is there a project convention for broken URLs?

Thanks,

Matt
--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS

GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490