[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Support for multiple provider networks with same VLAN segmentation id

Vinay Bannai vbannai at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 23:24:26 UTC 2014

Hello Folks,

We are running into a situation where we are not able to create multiple
provider networks with the same VLAN id. We would like to propose a
solution to remove this restriction through a configuration option. This
approach would not conflict with the present behavior where it is not
possible to create multiple provider networks with the same VLAN id.

The changes should be minimal and would like to propose it for the next
summit. The use case for this need is documented in the blueprint
specification.
Any feedback or comments are welcome.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/duplicate-providernet-vlans

Thanks