[openstack-dev] [Glance] delayed delete and user credentials

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Thu Feb 6 18:56:28 UTC 2014

Hi, guys:

I looked briefly at a bug/fix, which looks exceedingly strange to me:
 https://review.openstack.org/59689

As much as I can tell, the problem (lp:1238604) is that pending delete
fails because by the time the delete actually occurs, Glance API does
not have proper permissions to talk to Glance Registry.

So far so good, but the solution that we accepted is to forward
the user credentials to Registry... but only if configured to do so.
Does it make any sense to anyone? Why configure something that must
always work? How can sysadmin select the correct value?

-- Pete