[openstack-dev] [Nova][vmware] A new VMwareAPISession

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Thu Feb 6 11:24:56 UTC 2014

Hi,
Thanks for the detailed mail. For the first step of moving the code into
OSLO we are trying to be as conservative as possible (similar to the fork
lift of the scheduler code). That is, we are taking working code and
moving it to the common library, not doing any rewrites and using the same
functionality and flows. Once that is in and stable then we should start
to work on making it more robust. Incidentally the code that was copied is
not Nova's but Cinders. When the Cinder driver was being posted the team
made a considerable amount of improvements to the driver.
The reason that the _call_method is used is that this deals with session
failures and has support for retries etc. Please see
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/61555/.
I certainly agree that we can improve the code moving forwards. I think
that the first priority should get a working version in OSLO. Once it is
up and running then we should certain start addressing issues that you
have raised.
Thanks
Gary