[openstack-dev] [Governance] Integrated projects and new requirements

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Wed Feb 5 19:31:47 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> In the TC we have been going through a process to better define our
> requirements for incubation and graduation to being an integrated
> project.  The current version can be found in the governance repo:
>

> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/incubation-integration-requirements
>
> Is it time that we do an analysis of the existing integrated projects
> against the requirements we have set?  If not now, when?
>
> Perhaps we should start putting each project on the TC agenda for a
> review of its current standing.  For any gaps, I think we should set a
> specific timeframe for when we expect these gaps to be filled.
>
> Thoughts?

I like the idea of starting this soon, so projects can prioritize the work
during the next cycle and have time to plan to discuss any related issues
at the summit. Setting a deadline for finishing may depend on the nature
and size of the gaps, but it seems fair to set a deadline for *starting*
the work.

Doug