[openstack-dev] [Horizon] RFC - Suggestion for switching from Less to Sass (Bootstrap 3 & Sass support)

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Wed Feb 5 19:23:26 UTC 2014

I would imagine the downstream distros won't have the same problems with Ruby as they did with Node.js from a dependency standpoint, though it still doesn't jive with the community's all-Python bias.

My real concern, though, is anyone who may have extended the Horizon stylesheets using the capabilities of LESS. There are lots of ways you can customize the appearance of Horizon, and some folks may have gone that route.

My recommended course of action would be to think deeply on some recommended ways of "upgrading" from LESS to SASS for existing deployments who may have written their own stylesheets. Treat this like a feature deprecation (which is what it is).

Otherwise, if it makes people's lives better to use SASS instead of LESS, it sounds good to me.

    - Gabriel