[openstack-dev] [Openstack-dev] [Oslo] [Fuel] [Fuel-dev] Openstack services should support SIGHUP signal

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Wed Feb 5 17:26:28 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-05 10:58, Bogdan Dobrelya wrote:
> Hi, stackers.
> I believe Openstack services from all projects should support SIGHUP
> for
> effective log/config files handling w/o unnecessary restarts.
> (See https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo/+bug/1276694)
>
> 'Smooth reloads'(kill -HUP) are much better than 'disturbing restarts',
> aren't they?

I believe Oslo already has support for this:
https://github.com/openstack/oslo-incubator/commit/825ace5581fbb416944acae62f51c489ed93b9c9

As such, I'm going to mark that bug invalid against Oslo, but please
feel free to add other projects to it that need to start using the
functionality (or tell me I'm completely wrong and that doesn't do what
you want :-).

-Ben