[openstack-dev] Asynchrounous programming: replace eventlet with asyncio

victor stinner victor.stinner at enovance.com
Wed Feb 5 11:00:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

Chris Behrens wrote:
> Interesting thread. I have been working on a side project that is a
> gevent/eventlet replacement [1] that focuses on thread-safety and
> performance. This came about because of an outstanding bug we have with
> eventlet not being Thread safe. (We cannot safely enable thread pooling for
> DB calls so that they will not block.)

There are DB drivers compatible with asyncio: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis and memcached.

There is also a driver for ZeroMQ which can be used in Oslo Messaging to have a more efficient (asynchronous) driver.

There also many event loops for: gevent (geventreactor, gevent3), greenlet, libuv, GLib and Tornado.

See the full list:
http://code.google.com/p/tulip/wiki/ThirdParty

Victor