[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Tuskar] [UX] Infrastructure Management UI - Icehouse scoped wireframes

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 10:59:09 UTC 2014

Hi Tomas,

thanks for the questions, I am replying inline.

On 2014/05/02 11:19, Tomas Sedovic wrote:
> On 05/02/14 03:58, Jaromir Coufal wrote:
>> Hi to everybody,
>>
>> based on the feedback from last week [0] I incorporated changes in the
>> wireframes so that we keep them up to date with latest decisions:
>>
>> http://people.redhat.com/~jcoufal/openstack/tripleo/2014-02-05_tripleo-ui-icehouse.pdf
>>
>> Changes:
>> * Smaller layout change in Nodes Registration (no rush for update)
>> * Unifying views for 'deploying' and 'deployed' states of the page for
>> deployment detail
>> * Improved workflow for associating node profiles with roles
>>     - showing final state of MVP
>>     - first iteration contains only last row (no node definition link)
>
> Hey Jarda,
>
> Looking good. I've got two questions:
>
> 1. Are we doing node tags (page 4) for the first iteration? Where are
> they going to live?
Yes, it's very easy to do, already part of Ironic.

> 2. There are multiple node profiles per role on pages 11, 12, 17. Is
> that just an oversight or do you intend on keeping those in? I though
> the consensus was to do 1 node profile per deployment role.
I tried to avoid the confusion by the comment:
'- showing final state of MVP
  - first iteration contains only last row (no node definition link)'

Maybe I should be more clear. By last row I meant that in the first
iteration, the form will contain only one row with dropdown to select
only one flavor per role.

I intend to keep multiple roles for Icehouse scope. We will see if we
can get there in time, I am hoping for 'yes'. But I am absolutely
aligned with the consensus that we are starting only one node profile
per role.

-- Jarda