[openstack-dev] [QA][Neutron][3rd Party Testing] Methodology for 3rd party

Franck Yelles franck110 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 01:24:29 UTC 2014

Hello,

I was wondering how everyone was doing 3rd party testing at the moment
when it comes to the process.
It takes me around 10 minutes for me to do a +1 or -1.

my flow is the following:
(I only use Jenkins for listening to the "feed")
1) a job is triggered from Jenkins.
2) a VM is booted
3) the devstack repo is clone
4) the patch is applied
5) stack.sh is run (longest time is here)
6) the test are run
7) the result is posted
8) the VM is destroyed

I am looking for ways to speed up the process.
I was thinking of keeping the stack.sh up;  and follow this

1) Shutdown the affected component  (neutron, etc..)
2) apply the patch
3) restart the component
4) run the test
5) post the result
6) shutdown the affected component
7) remove the patch
8) restart the component

What are you thoughts ?
Ideally I would like to achieve a sub 3 minutes.

Thanks,
Franck