[openstack-dev] [Nova] os-migrateLive not working with neutron in Havana (or apparently Grizzly)

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Tue Feb 4 19:16:03 UTC 2014

HI all,

Trying to get a little love on bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1227836

Short version is the instance migrates, but there's an RPC time out
that keeps nova thinking it's still on the old node mid-migration.
Informal survey of operators seems to suggest this always happens when
using neutron networking and never when using nova-networking (for
small values of always and never)

Feels like I could kludge in a longer timeout somewhere and it would
work for now, so I'm sifting through unfamiliar code trying to find
that and hoping someone here just knows where it is and can make my
week a whole lot better by pointing it out.

Better less kludgy solutions also welcomed, but I need a kernel update
on all my compute nodes so quick and dirty is all I need for right
now.

Thanks,
-Jon