[openstack-dev] [nova] massive number of new errors in logs with oslo.messaging

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Tue Feb 4 18:25:58 UTC 2014

> And the error messages, which look like this:
>
> Returning exception Unexpected task state: expecting [u'scheduling',
> None] but the actual state is deleting to caller
>
> don't make sense -- at least in the English language.

It's missing some grouping operator to help with order of operations.
What it's saying is:

(I am) Returning exception:
{
  Unexpected task state: expecting [u'scheduling', None] but the actual
  state is deleting
}
...to the caller.

The inner exception is a thing and the outer pieces are a thing. The
inner means that some instance update was attempted, but should be
aborted if the instance state is not what we think it is.

--Dan