[openstack-dev] pep8 gating fails due to tools/config/check_uptodate.sh

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Feb 4 16:57:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 04:36:05PM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 01:19 +0900, Sean Dague wrote:
> > On 02/05/2014 12:37 AM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > I do realize this would be a rather substantial shift from current
> > approach, but current approach seems to be hitting a new complexity
> > point that we're only just starting to feel the pain on.
>
> The issue at hand is that we've discovered that checking an
> autogenerated file into git causes issues ... hardly the first time
> we've learned that lesson.

It isn't the first time that the nova.conf.sample has caused us
pain either. I've lost count of the number of times I've -1'd
reviews because they messed up the config file during a rebase
merge, or forgotten to update it, or had the re-generation tools
fail silently and add a -1000 line diff that deletes the entire
config file content.

Regards,
Daniel