[openstack-dev] pep8 gating fails due to tools/config/check_uptodate.sh

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Feb 4 15:37:38 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 16:49 +0000, Sahid Ferdjaoui wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> It looks 100% of the pep8 gate for nova is failing because of a bug reported,
> we probably need to mark this as Critical.
>
>    https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1268614
>
> Ivan Melnikov has pushed a patchset waiting for review:
>    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/66346/
>
> http://logstash.openstack.org/#eyJzZWFyY2giOiJtZXNzYWdlOlwiRVJST1I6IEludm9jYXRpb25FcnJvcjogXFwnL2hvbWUvamVua2lucy93b3Jrc3BhY2UvZ2F0ZS1ub3ZhLXBlcDgvdG9vbHMvY29uZmlnL2NoZWNrX3VwdG9kYXRlLnNoXFwnXCIiLCJmaWVsZHMiOltdLCJvZmZzZXQiOjAsInRpbWVmcmFtZSI6IjQzMjAwIiwiZ3JhcGhtb2RlIjoiY291bnQiLCJ0aW1lIjp7InVzZXJfaW50ZXJ2YWwiOjB9LCJzdGFtcCI6MTM4OTYzMTQzMzQ4OSwibW9kZSI6IiIsImFuYWx5emVfZmllbGQiOiIifQ==

This just came up on #openstack-infra ...

It's a general problem that is going to occur more frequently.

Nova now includes config options from keystoneclient and oslo.messaging
in its sample config file.

That means that as soon as a new option is added to either library, then
check_uptodate.sh will start failing.

One option discussed is to remove the sample config files from source
control and have the sample be generated at build/packaging time.

So long as we minimize the dependencies required to generate the sample
file, this should be manageable.

Mark.