[openstack-dev] [nova][oslo] pep8 gating fails due to tools/config/check_uptodate.sh

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Tue Feb 4 14:19:08 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 5:09 AM, Julien Danjou <julien at danjou.info> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 04 2014, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>
> > I think the pretty obvious solution here is to *stop* storing
> automatically
> > generated files in GIT. This kind of problem crops up time & again for
> any
> > project I've seen which stores auto-generated files in GIT. The sample
> > config file should only be created when someone actually goes to build
> > Nova in their checkout, ie when they do 'python setup.py build'.
>
> +1

This does seem like the correct solution, except that it would require
having oslo.config and related tools installed just to build the sdist for
nova, and I imagine that will break distro packaging.

Moving config options from libraries to a separate file seems like a
reasonable compromise. What impact will that have on documentation
processes that are using the single file now?

Doug