[openstack-dev] [Nova][Scheduler] Policy Based Scheduler and Solver Scheduler

Yathiraj Udupi (yudupi) yudupi at cisco.com
Mon Feb 3 19:38:27 UTC 2014

The solver-scheduler is designed to solve for an arbitrary list of instances of different flavors. We need to have some updated apis in the scheduler to be able to pass on such requests. Instance group api is an initial effort to specify such groups.

Even now the existing solver scheduler patch,  works for a group request,  only that it is a group of a single flavor. It still solves once for the entire group based on the constraints on available capacity.

With updates to the api that call the solver scheduler we can easily demonstrate how an arbitrary group of VM request can be satisfied and solved together in a single constraint solver run. (LP based solver for now in the current patch, But can be any constraint solver)

Thanks,

Yathi.