[openstack-dev] [Heat] [TripleO] Rolling updates spec re-written. RFC

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Feb 3 18:47:06 UTC 2014

Quick thoughts:

 - I'd like to be able to express a minimum service percentage: e.g. I
know I need 80% of my capacity available at anyone time, so an
additional constraint to the unit counts, is to stay below 20% down at
a time (and this implies that if 20% have failed, either stop or spin
up more nodes before continuing).

The wait condition stuff seems to be conflating in the 'graceful
operations' stuff we discussed briefly at the summit, which in my head
at least is an entirely different thing - it's per node rather than
per group. If done separately that might make each feature
substantially easier to reason about.

-Rob

On 4 February 2014 06:52, Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote:
> So, I wrote the original rolling updates spec about a year ago, and the
> time has come to get serious about implementation. I went through it and
> basically rewrote the entire thing to reflect the knowledge I have
> gained from a year of working with Heat.
>
> Any and all comments are welcome. I intend to start implementation very
> soon, as this is an important component of the HA story for TripleO:
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Heat/Blueprints/RollingUpdates

Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist
HP Converged Cloud