[openstack-dev] Python 3 compatibility

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 16:12:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

I was at the FOSDEM event this week-end and some interesting talks about
asyncio raised  my interest about this framework for replacing eventlet.

Although there is an experimental port of asyncio for Python >2.6 named
trollius [1], I think it would be a good move for having Python 3.

I know there were some regular meetings previously, but it seems the
interest decreased. Would it make sense to resume this effort and maybe do
a quick inventory of what's missing for supporting Python 3.3 ?

In particular, which external requirements are still missing Py3
compatibility and what is the status for the Oslo incubated libraries ?

Thanks,
-Sylvain

[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/trollius/