[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer]Cumulative metrics resetting

Adrian Turjak adriant at catalyst.net.nz
Sun Feb 2 22:59:51 UTC 2014

On 31/01/14 21:50, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 31 2014, Adrian Turjak wrote:
>
>> Is it working on Havana? As I've gone through and tried all the possible
>> state changes (reboot, suspend, pause, resize, terminate, etc), and not one
>> triggers a poll cycle outside of the standard polling interval. So in all
>> those cases apart from pause (which doesn't cause a reset), I'm losing
>> cumulative data.
> It should. Did you enable it in the notification_drivers?

It hadn't been, devstack doesn't enable it by default it seems. I have
since added it to ceilometer.conf:
"notification_driver = ceilometer.compute.nova_notifier"

and done a ./unstack ./stack

Still nothing. I'm not sure if there is some documentation on this I'm
missing, but I've been unable to find anything useful.

Nova_notifier as is only covers the terminate case
("compute.instance.delete.start") anyway, but once I have it working at
least for that case, I can alter it to work for the rest easily enough
by adding in a list of tracked notifications.

Also, side note, see comments #18 and #19 of this thread:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1221987

If that is the case, is nova_notifier what I should be using at all?