[openstack-dev] [Nova] should 'ip address' be retrived when decribe host?

Jay Lau jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 07:58:08 UTC 2014

Yes, host is from service table and hypervisor is from compute_nodes table,
I think that there are some discussion for this in Paris Summit and there
might be some change for this in Kilo.

   - Detach service from compute node:
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/126895/ (implementation on a patch
   series
   https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/detach-service-from-computenode,n,z)
   <https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/detach-service-from-computenode,n,z%29>

   - Goal : Only provide resources to the ComputeNode object, not anything
   else

   - The primary goal of this blueprint is to decouple the servicegroup API
   from the ideas of tracking resources, since they are two wholly separate
   things

I'm not sure if there are some changes for those commands when host was
added to compute_nodes table.

Jay