[openstack-dev] [Nova] should 'ip address' be retrived when decribe host?

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 11:51:36 UTC 2014

Hi Stackers:

As for now, we can get the 'host name', 'service' and 'availability
zone' of a host through the CLI command 'nova host-list'. But as a
programmer who communicates with OpenStack using its API, I want to
get the host ip address, in order to perform some other actions in my
program.

And what I know is, the ip address of a host is populated in the
'compute_nodes' table of the database, during the 'update available
resource' periodic task.

So, is it possible of the community to support it in the future?

I apologize if the topic was once covered and I missed it.

--
Regards!