[openstack-dev] [Openstack] Need help in validating CPU Pinning feature

Srinivasa Rao Ragolu sragolu at mvista.com
Fri Dec 26 11:25:49 UTC 2014

Hi Joejing,

Thanks for quick reply. Above xml is getting generated fine if I set
"vcpu_pin_set=1-12" in /etc/nova/nova.conf.

But how to pin each vcpu with pcpu something like below

<cputune>
   <vcpupin vcpu=‘0’ cpuset=‘1-5,12-17’/>

   <vcpupin vcpu=‘1’ cpuset=‘2-3,12-17’/>

</cputune>

One more questions is Are Numa nodes are compulsory for pin each vcpu to pcpu?

Thanks,

Srininvas.