[openstack-dev] [Mistral] Converging discussions on WF context and WF/task/action inputs

W Chan m4d.coder at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 17:37:45 UTC 2014

Trying to clarify a few things...

>* 2) Retuning to first example:
*>* ...
*>*  action: std.sql conn_str={$.env.conn_str} query={$.query}
*>* ...
*>* $.env - is it a name of environment or it will be a registered
syntax to getting access to values from env ?
*

I was actually thinking the environment will use the reserved word
"env" in the WF context.  The value for the "env" key will be the dict
supplied either DB lookup by name, by dict, or by JSON from CLI.

The nested dict for "__actions" (and all other keys with double
underscore) is special system purpose, in this case declaring defaults
for action inputs.  Similar to "__execution" where it's for containing
runtime data for the WF execution.

>* 3) Can user has a few environments?*

I don't think we intend to mix one or more environments in a WF
execution.  The key was to supply any named environment at WF
execution time.  So the WF auth only needs to know the variables will
be under $.env.  If we allow one or more environments in a WF
execution, this means each environment needs to be referred to by name
(i.e. in your example env1 and env2).  We then would lost the ability
to swap any named environments for different executions of the same
WF.