[openstack-dev] Cross distribution talks on Friday

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Dec 23 07:17:00 UTC 2014

On 12/19/2014 11:55 PM, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> Note that OSLO_PACKAGE_VERSION is not public.

Well, it used to be public, it has been added and discussed a few years
ago because of issues I had with packaging.

> Instead, we should use
> PBR_VERSION:
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/pbr/packagers.html#versioning

I don't mind switching, though it's going to be a slow process (because
I'm using OSLO_PACKAGE_VERSION in all packages).

Are we at least *sure* that using OSLO_PACKAGE_VERSION is now deprecated?

Thomas