[openstack-dev] Fw: [Heat] Multiple_Routers_Topoloy

Rao Shweta rao.shweta at tcs.com
Mon Dec 22 09:18:54 UTC 2014

 Hi All

I am working on openstack Heat and i wanted to make below topolgy using heat template :

For this i am using a template as given :

AWSTemplateFormatVersion: '2010-09-09'
  (JSON)
Resources:
  heat_network_01:
    Properties: {name: heat-network-01}
    Type: OS::Neutron::Net
  heat_network_02:
    Properties: {name: heat-network-02}
    Type: OS::Neutron::Net
  heat_router_01:
    Properties: {admin_state_up: 'True', name: heat-router-01}
    Type: OS::Neutron::Router
  heat_router_02:
    Properties: {admin_state_up: 'True', name: heat-router-02}
    Type: OS::Neutron::Router
  heat_router_int0:
    Properties:
      router_id: {Ref: heat_router_01}
      subnet_id: {Ref: heat_subnet_01}
    Type: OS::Neutron::RouterInterface
  heat_router_int1:
    Properties:
      router_id: {Ref: heat_router_02}
      subnet_id: {Ref: heat_subnet_02}
    Type: OS::Neutron::RouterInterface
  heat_subnet_01:
    Properties:
      cidr: 10.10.10.0/24
      dns_nameservers: [172.16.1.11, 172.16.1.6]
      enable_dhcp: 'True'
      gateway_ip: 10.10.10.254
      name: heat-subnet-01
      network_id: {Ref: heat_network_01}
    Type: OS::Neutron::Subnet
  heat_subnet_02:
    Properties:
      cidr: 10.10.11.0/24
      dns_nameservers: [172.16.1.11, 172.16.1.6]
      enable_dhcp: 'True'
      gateway_ip: 10.10.11.254
      name: heat-subnet-01
      network_id: {Ref: heat_network_02}
    Type: OS::Neutron::Subnet
  instance0:
    Properties:
      flavor: m1.nano
      image: cirros-0.3.2-x86_64-uec
      name: heat-instance-01
      networks:
      - port: {Ref: instance0_port0}
    Type: OS::Nova::Server
  instance0_port0:
    Properties:
      admin_state_up: 'True'
      network_id: {Ref: heat_network_01}
    Type: OS::Neutron::Port
  instance1:
    Properties:
      flavor: m1.nano
      image: cirros-0.3.2-x86_64-uec
      name: heat-instance-02
      networks:
      - port: {Ref: instance1_port0}
    Type: OS::Nova::Server
  instance1_port0:
    Properties:
      admin_state_up: 'True'
      network_id: {Ref: heat_network_01}
    Type: OS::Neutron::Port
  instance11:
    Properties:
      flavor: m1.nano
      image: cirros-0.3.2-x86_64-uec
      name: heat-instance11-01
      networks:
      - port: {Ref: instance11_port0}
    Type: OS::Nova::Server
  instance11_port0:
    Properties:
      admin_state_up: 'True'
      network_id: {Ref: heat_network_02}
    Type: OS::Neutron::Port
  instance1:
    Properties:
      flavor: m1.nano
      image: cirros-0.3.2-x86_64-uec
      name: heat-instance12-02
      networks:
      - port: {Ref: instance12_port0}
    Type: OS::Nova::Server
  instance12_port0:
    Properties:
      admin_state_up: 'True'
      network_id: {Ref: heat_network_02}
    Type: OS::Neutron::Port

I am able to create topology using the template but i am not able to connect two routers. Neither i can get a template example on internet through which i can connect two routers. Can you please help me with :

1.) Can we connect two routers? I tried with making a interface on router 1 and connecting it to the subnet2 which is showing error.

  heat_router_int0:
    Properties:
      router_id: {Ref: heat_router_01}
      subnet_id: {Ref: heat_subnet_02}

Can you please guide me how can we connect routers or have link between routers using template.

2.) Can you please forward a link or a example template from which i can refer and implement reqiured topology using heat template.

Waiting for a response

Thankyou

Regards
 Shweta Rao