[openstack-dev] [Ironic] maintaining our stable branches

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 19:49:23 UTC 2014

Hi folks!

We now have control over our own stable branch maintenance, which is good,
because the stable maintenance team is not responsible for non-integrated
releases of projects (eg, both of our previous releases).

Also, to note, with the Big Tent changes starting to occur, such
responsibilities will be more distributed in the future. [0] For the
remainder of this cycle, we'll reuse the ironic-milestone group for stable
branch maintenance [1]; when Kilo is released, we'll need to create an
ironic-stable-maint gerrit group and move to that, or generally do what
ever the process looks like at that point.

In any case, for now I've seeded the group with Adam Gandelman and myself
(since we were already tracking Ironic's stable branches). If any other
cores would like to help with this, please ping me, I'm happy to add folks
but don't want to assume that all cores want the responsibility.

We should also decide and document, explicitly, what support we're giving
to the Icehouse and Juno releases. My sense is that we should drop support
for Icehouse, but I'll put that on the weekly meeting agenda for after the
holidays.

-Devananda

[0]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-November/050390.html