[openstack-dev] [Heat] How can I write at milestone section of blueprint?

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Fri Dec 19 10:17:49 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 05:02:04PM +0900, Yasunori Goto wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is the first mail at Openstack community,

Welcome! :)

> and I have a small question about how to write blueprint for Heat.
>
> Currently our team would like to propose 2 interfaces
> for users operation in HOT.
> (One is "Event handler" which is to notify user's defined event to heat.
>  Another is definitions of action when heat catches the above notification.)
> So, I'm preparing the blueprint for it.

Please include details of the exact use-case, e.g the problem you're trying
to solve (not just the proposed solution), as it's possible we can suggest
solutions based on exiting interfaces.

> However, I can not find how I can write at the milestone section of blueprint.
>
> Heat blueprint template has a section for Milestones.
> "Milestones -- Target Milestone for completeion:"
>
> But I don't think I can decide it by myself.
> In my understanding, it should be decided by PTL.

Normally, it's decided by when the person submitting the spec expects to
finish writing the code by.  The PTL doesn't really have much control over
that ;)

> In addition, probably the above our request will not finish
> by Kilo. I suppose it will be "L" version or later.

So to clarify, you want to propose the feature, but you're not planning on
working on it (e.g implementing it) yourself?

> So, what should I write at this section?
> "Kilo-x", "L version", or empty?

As has already been mentioned, it doesn't matter that much - I see it as a
statement of intent from developers.  If you're just requesting a feature,
you can even leave it blank if you want and we'll update it when an
assignee is found (e.g during the spec review).

Thanks,

Steve