[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Weekly meeting roundup - midcycle confirmation, nomergepy blockage

James Polley jp at jamezpolley.com
Fri Dec 19 09:21:17 UTC 2014

We had a few topics come up in this week's meeting which we thought are
worth drawing everyone's attention to

You can see the full meeting logs at
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tripleo/2014/tripleo.2014-12-16-19.01.log.html
(the shorter meeting notes don't have much information)

*No mergepy - blocked by bug 1401929*
As part of our plans to move away from needing merge.py, Tomas Sedovic
raised https://review.openstack.org/#/c/140375/ to make the f20 job use the
no-mergepy options.

Unfortunately this has run into a roadblock, discussed in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1401929 (Overzealous validation of
images in empty ResourceGroups).

Steve Hardy is (I believe) working on a fix, targeted at kilo-2. In the
meantime it'd be nice if we could find a workaround...

*Mid-cycle dates confirmed - please RSVP*
Clint has confirmed that we have the Seattle office booked for Feb 18-20.
We have limisted space, so if you're planning to attend, *please
visit https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-tripleo-midcycle-meetup
<https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-tripleo-midcycle-meetup> and add
your name to the confirmed list, even if you previously indicated you were
coming. *Currently we only have 8 confirmed attendees

The etherpad also has a draft schedule and venue details. We aren't
planning to arrange a group rate for the hotel, but there are many good
hotels in a short distance from the HP office.