[openstack-dev] [nova][sriov] SRIOV related specs pending for approval

Robert Li (baoli) baoli at cisco.com
Thu Dec 18 22:18:47 UTC 2014

Hi,

During the Kilo summit, the folks in the pci passthrough and SR-IOV groups discussed what we’d like to achieve in this cycle, and the result was documented in this Etherpad:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo_sriov_pci_passthrough

To get the work going, we’ve submitted a few design specs:

Nova: Live migration with macvtap SR-IOV
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/sriov-live-migration

Nova: sriov interface attach/detach
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/sriov-interface-attach-detach

 Nova: Api specify vnic_type
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/api-specify-vnic-type

Neutron-Network settings support for vnic-type
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/network-settings-support-vnic-type

Nova: SRIOV scheduling with stateless offloads
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/sriov-sched-with-stateless-offloads

Now that the specs deadline is approaching, I’d like to bring them up in here for exception considerations. A lot of works have been put into them. And we’d like to see them get through for Kilo.

Regarding CI for PCI passthrough and SR-IOV, see the attached thread.

thanks,
Robert