[openstack-dev] [cinder] Multiple Backend for different volume_types

Chhavi Agarwal chhagarw at in.ibm.com
Thu Dec 18 15:54:48 UTC 2014

Hi All,

As per the below link multi-backend support :-
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder-multi-backend

Its mentioned that we currently only support passing a multi backend
provider per volume_type. "There can be > 1 backend per volume_type, and
the capacity scheduler kicks in and keeps the backends of a particular
volume_type "

Is there a way to support multi backend provider across different
volume_type. For eg if I want my volume_type to have both SVC and LVM
drivers to be passed as my backend provider.

Thanks & Regards,
Chhavi Agarwal
Cloud System Software Group.