[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Support of warnings in Fuel UI

Vitaly Kramskikh vkramskikh at mirantis.com
Thu Dec 18 13:14:18 UTC 2014

I also want to add that there is also a short form
<http://docs.mirantis.com/fuel-dev/develop/nailgun/customization/settings.html#restrictions>
for this:

          restrictions:
            - "settings:common.libvirt_type.value != 'kvm'": "KVM only is
supported"

There are also a few restrictions in existing openstack.yaml like this:

          volumes_lvm:
            label: "Cinder LVM over iSCSI for volumes"
            restrictions:
              - "settings:storage.volumes_ceph.value == true or
settings:common.libvirt_type.value == 'vcenter'"

The restriction above is actually 2 restrictions for 2 unrelated things and
it should be separated like this:

            restrictions:
              - "settings:storage.volumes_ceph.value == true": "This stuff
cannot be used with Ceph"
              - "settings:common.libvirt_type.value == 'vcenter'": "This
stuff cannot be used with vCenter"

So please add these messages for your features to improve Fuel UX.

> Hi All,
>
> First of all, I would like to inform you that support of warnings was
> added on Settings tab in Fuel UI.
> Now you can add 'message' attribute to setting restriction and it will be
> displayed as a tooltip on the tab
> <http://s4.postimg.org/hlxumo2sd/setting_warning.png> if restriction
> condition is satisfied.
>
> So, setting restriction should have the following format in openstack.yaml
> <https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-web/blob/master/nailgun/nailgun/fixtures/openstack.yaml>
> file:
>
> restrictions:
>   - condition: "settings:common.libvirt_type.value != 'kvm'"
>     message: "KVM only is supported"
>
> This format is also eligible for setting group restrictions and
> restrictions of setting values (for setting with 'radio' type).
>
> Please also note that message attribute can be also added to role
> restrictions and will be displayed as a tooltip on Add Nodes screen.
>

> And the second goal of my letter is to ask you to go through
> openstack.yaml
> <https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-web/blob/master/nailgun/nailgun/fixtures/openstack.yaml> file
> and add an appropriate messages for restrictions. It will make Fuel UI more
> clear and informative.
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Julia
>
> --