[openstack-dev] Topic: Reschedule Router to a different agent with multiple external networks.

Oleg Bondarev obondarev at mirantis.com
Thu Dec 18 08:19:44 UTC 2014

Hi Swaminathan Vasudevan,

please check the following docstring
of L3_NAT_dbonly_mixin._check_router_needs_rescheduling:

*    def _check_router_needs_rescheduling(self, context, router_id,
gw_info):*
*        """Checks whether router's l3 agent can handle the given network*

*        When external_network_bridge is set, each L3 agent can be
associated*
*        with at most one external network. If router's new external
gateway*
*        is on other network then the router needs to be rescheduled to the*
*        proper l3 agent.*
*        If external_network_bridge is not set then the agent*
*        can support multiple external networks and rescheduling is not
needed*

So there can still be agents which can handle only one ext net - for such
agents resheduling is needed.

Thanks,
Oleg