[openstack-dev] [trove] confused about trove-guestagent need nova's auth info

乔建 qiaojian at awcloud.com
Thu Dec 18 01:30:52 UTC 2014

When using trove, we need to configure nova’s user information in the configuration file of trove-guestagent, such as

l  nova_proxy_admin_user

l  nova_proxy_admin_pass

l  nova_proxy_admin_tenant_name

Is it necessary? In a public cloud environment, It will lead to serious security risks.

I traced the code, and noticed that the auth data mentioned above is packaged in a context object, then passed to the trove-conductor via message queue.

Is it more suitable for trove-conductor to get the corresponding information from its own conf file?

Thanks!

qiao