[openstack-dev] [Murano] Question about Murano installation

Serg Melikyan smelikyan at mirantis.com
Thu Dec 18 00:55:31 UTC 2014

Hi, Raghavendra

Given screenshots that you have send, you are using extremely outdated
version of murano-dashboard (and probably outdated version of all other
components). That is why you may experience issues with manual
<http://murano.readthedocs.org/> written for Juno version of Murano.

I encourage you to use Juno version of Murano, you can obtain it by
checking out sources, e.g. for murano-dashboard:

git clone https://github.com/stackforge/murano-dashboard
git checkout 2014.2

You also can download tarballs from http://tarballs.openstack.org/:

   - murano-2014.2.tar.gz
   <http://tarballs.openstack.org/murano/murano-2014.2.tar.gz> (wheel
   <http://tarballs.openstack.org/murano/murano-2014.2-py2-none-any.whl>)
   - murano-dashboard-2014.2.tar.gz
   <http://tarballs.openstack.org/murano-dashboard/murano-dashboard-2014.2.tar.gz>
    (wheel
   <http://tarballs.openstack.org/murano-dashboard/murano_dashboard-2014.2-py2-none-any.whl>
   )

Please, find answers to your questions bellow:

>should I use for mysql and the [murano] the localhost:8082, please clarify.

Option url in murano section should point to address where murano-api is
running. Option connection in database section, should point to address
where MySQL is runnings. Unfortunately I don't know your OpenStack
deployment scheme, so I can't answer more accurate.

>How can I install Murano Agent please provide details?

murano-agent is agent which runs on guest VMs and responsible for
provisioning application on VM. It is not required, but many existing
applications use murano-agent to do application provisioning/configuration.

We use Disk Image Builder
<https://github.com/openstack/diskimage-builder> project
to build images with murano-agent installed, please refer to murano-agent
ReadMe <https://github.com/stackforge/murano-agent#image-building-using-dib>
for
details about how to build image with murano-agent.

We also have pre-built images with murano-agent for Fedora 17 & Ubuntu
14.04:

   - http://murano-files.mirantis.com/F17-x86_64-cfntools.qcow2
   -
   http://murano-files.mirantis.com/ubuntu_14_04-murano-agent_stable_juno.qcow2

>How to install dashboard can I follow doc and install using tox?
>Where to update the murano_metadata url details?

To install murano-dashboard correctly you need just to follow manual and
use Murano 2014.2 version. There is no option MURANO_METADATA_URL anymore
in murano-dashboard.

--
Serg Melikyan, Senior Software Engineer at Mirantis, Inc.
http://mirantis.com | smelikyan at mirantis.com

+7 (495) 640-4904, 0261
+7 (903) 156-0836