[openstack-dev] [python-*client] py33 jobs seem to be failing

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Dec 17 20:38:34 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-17 11:09:59 -0500 (-0500), Steve Martinelli wrote:
[...]
> The stack trace leads me to believe that docutils or sphinx is the
> culprit, but neither has released a new version in the time the
> bug has been around, so I'm not sure what the root cause of the
> problem is.

It's an unforeseen interaction between new PBR changes to support
Setuptools 8 and the way docutils supports Py3K by running 2to3
during installation (entrypoint scanning causes pre-translated
docutils to be loaded into the execution space through the egg-info
writer PBR grew to be able to record Git SHA details outside of
version strings). A solution is currently being developed.
--
Jeremy Stanley