[openstack-dev] oslo.db 1.2.1 release coming to fix stable/juno

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Dec 15 22:58:49 UTC 2014

On Dec 15, 2014, at 3:21 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:

> The issue with stable/juno jobs failing because of the difference in the SQLAlchemy requirements between the older applications and the newer oslo.db is being addressed with a new release of the 1.2.x series. We will then cap the requirements for stable/juno to 1.2.1. We decided we did not need to raise the minimum version of oslo.db allowed in kilo, because the old versions of the library do work, if they are installed from packages and not through setuptools.
>
> Jeremy created a feature/1.2 branch for us, and I have 2 patches up [1][2] to apply the requirements fix. The change to the oslo.db version in stable/juno is [3].
>
> After the changes in oslo.db merge, I will tag 1.2.1.

After spending several hours exploring a bunch of options to make this actually work, some of which require making changes to test job definitions, grenade, or other long-term changes, I’m proposing a new approach:

1. Undo the change in master that broke the compatibility with versions of SQLAlchemy by making master match juno: https://review.openstack.org/141927
2. Update oslo.db after ^^ lands.
3. Tag oslo.db 1.4.0 with a set of requirements compatible with Juno.
4. Change the requirements in stable/juno to skip oslo.db 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3.

I’ll proceed with that plan tomorrow morning (~15 hours from now) unless someone points out why that won’t work in the mean time.

Doug