[openstack-dev] [all] Swift 2.2.1 rc (err "c") 1 is available

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Mon Dec 15 17:56:17 UTC 2014

All,

I'm happy to say that the Swift 2.2.1 release candidate is available.

http://tarballs.openstack.org/swift/swift-2.2.1c1.tar.gz

Please take a look, and if nothing is found, we'll release this as the final 2.2.1 version at the end of the week.

This release includes a lot of great improvements for operators. You can see the change log at https://github.com/openstack/swift/blob/master/CHANGELOG.

One note about the tag name. The recent release of setuptools has started enforcing PEP440. According to that spec, 2.2.1rc1 (ie the old way we tagged things) is normalized to 2.2.1c1. See https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0440/#pre-releases for the details. Since OpenStack infrastructure relies on setuptools parsing to determine the tarball name, the tags we use need to be already normalized so that the tag in the repo matches the tarball created. Therefore, the new tag name is 2.2.1c1.

--John