[openstack-dev] [Mistral] Global Context and Execution Environment

Dmitri Zimine dzimine at stackstorm.com
Sat Dec 13 03:16:36 UTC 2014

Winson, Lakshmi, Renat:

It looked good and I began to write down the summary:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mistral-global-context

But than realized that it’s not safe to assume from the action, that the global context will be supplied as part of API call.
Check it out in the etherpad.

What problems are we trying to solve:
1) reduce passing the same parameters over and over from parent to child
2) “automatically” make a parameter accessible to most actions without typing it all over (like auth token)

Can #1 be solved by passing input to subworkflows automatically
Can #2 be solved somehow else? Default passing of arbitrary parameters to action seems like breaking abstraction.

Thoughts? need to brainstorm further….