[openstack-dev] [Neutron] UniqueConstraint for name and tenant_id in security group

Ivar Lazzaro ivarlazzaro at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 18:25:05 UTC 2014

In general, I agree with Jay about the opaqueness of the names. I see
however good reasons for having user-defined unique attributes (see
 Clint's point about idempotency).
A middle ground here could be granting to the users the ability to specify
the resource ID.
A similar proposal was made some time ago by Eugene [0]

[0]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-September/046150.html