[openstack-dev] [heat-docker]Does the heat-docker supports auto-scaling and monitoring the Docker container?

Jay Lau jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 03:59:01 UTC 2014

So you are using heat docker driver  but not nova docker driver, right?

If you are using nova docker driver, then the container was treated as VM
and you can do monitoring and auto scaling with heat.

But with heat docker driver, it talk to docker host directly which you need
to define in HEAT template and there is no monitoring for such case. Also
the manual scale "heat resource-singal" to scale up your stack manually;
for auto scale, IMHO, you may want to integrate with some 3rd party monitor
and do some development work to reach this.

Thanks.

> Hi,
> Now We can deploying Docker containers in an OpenStack environment using
> Heat. But I feel confused.
> Could someone can tell me does the heat-docker supports monitoring the
> Docker container in a stack and how to monitor it?
> Does it supports auto-scaling the Docker container?
>

> Best Regards,
> -- Liang Chen

Jay