[openstack-dev] People of OpenStack (and their IRC nicks)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Dec 10 18:19:51 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-10 17:55:37 +0000 (+0000), Jay Faulkner wrote:
> Often times I find myself in need of going the other direction —
> which IRC nick goes to which person. Does anyone know how to do
> that with the Foundation directory?

I don't think there's a lookup for that (might be worth logging a
feature request) but generally I rely on using the /whois command to
ask the IRC network for details on a particular nick and look at the
realname returned with it. I would encourage people to make sure
their IRC clients are configured to set that metadata to something
useful unless they really prefer to interact entirely pseudonymously
there (that's of course a legitimate preference too).
--
Jeremy Stanley