[openstack-dev] [nova][docker][containers][qa] nova-docker CI failing a lot on unrelated nova patches

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Dec 10 11:37:02 UTC 2014

On 12/09/2014 06:18 PM, Eric Windisch wrote:

>     While gating on nova-docker will prevent patches that cause
>     nova-docker to break 100% to land, it won't do a lot to prevent
>     transient failures. To fix those we need people dedicated to making
>     sure nova-docker is working.
>

> What would be helpful for me is a way to know that our tests are
> breaking without manually checking Kibana, such as an email.

I know that periodic jobs can do this kind of notification, if you ask
about it in #openstack-infra there might be a solution there.

However, having a job in infra on Nova is a thing that comes with an
expectation that someone is staying engaged on the infra and Nova sides
to ensure that it's running correctly, and debug it when it's wrong.
It's not a set it and forget it.

It's already past the 2 weeks politeness boundary before it's considered
fair game to just delete it.

Creating the job is < 10% of the work. Long term maintenance is
important. I'm still not getting the feeling that there is really a long
term owner on this job. I'd love that not to be the case, but simple
things like the fact that the directory structure was all out of whack
make it clear no one was regularly looking at it.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net