[openstack-dev] [Mistral] Global Context and Execution Environment

W Chan m4d.coder at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 07:12:04 UTC 2014

Nikolay,

Regarding whether the execution environment BP is the same as this global
context BP, I think the difference is in the scope of the variables.  The
global context that I'm proposing is provided to the workflow at execution
and is only relevant to this execution.  For example, some contextual
information about this specific workflow execution (i.e. a reference to a
record in an external system related such as a service ticket ID or CMDB
record ID).  The values do not necessary carry across multiple executions.
But as I understand, the execution environment configuration is a set of
reusable configuration that can be shared across multiple workflow
executions.  The fact where action parameters are specified explicitly over
and over again is a common problem in the DSL.

Winson