[openstack-dev] [oslo][Keystone] Policy graduation

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 17:26:23 UTC 2014

On 12/09/2014 12:18 PM, Morgan Fainberg wrote:
> I would like to propose that we keep the policy library under the oslo
> program. As with other graduated projects we will maintain a core team
> (that while including the oslo-core team) will be comprised of the
> expected individuals from the Identity and other security related teams.
>
> The change in direction is due to the policy library being more
> generic and not exactly a clean fit with the OpenStack Identity
> program. This is the policy rules engine, which is currently used by
> all (or almost all) OpenStack projects. Based on the continued
> conversation, it doesn’t make sense to take it out of the “common”
> namespace.
Agreed. I think the original design was quite clean, and could easily be
used by projects not even in Open Stack.  While we don't want to be
challenge any of the python based replacements for Prolog, the name
should reflect its general purpose.

Is the congress program still planning on using the same rules engine?