[openstack-dev] [Nova] question about "Get Guest Info" row in HypervisorSupportMatrix

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Tue Dec 9 17:15:01 UTC 2014

> > On Tue, Dec 09, 2014 at 06:33:47PM +0300, Dmitry Guryanov wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > There is a feature in HypervisorSupportMatrix
> > (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HypervisorSupportMatrix) called "Get
Guest
> > Info". Does anybody know, what does it mean? I haven't found anything
like
> > this neither in nova api nor in horizon and nova command line.

I think this maps to the nova driver function "get_info":
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py#L4054

I believe (and didn't double-check) that this is used e.g. by the
Nova CLI via `nova show [--minimal] <server>` command.

I tried to map the features of the hypervisor support matrix to
specific nova driver functions on this wiki page:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HypervisorSupportMatrix/DriverAPI

> On Tue Dec 9 15:39:35 UTC 2014, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> I've pretty much no idea what the intention was for that field. I've
> been working on formally documenting all those things, but draw a blank
> for that
>
> FYI:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136380/1/doc/hypervisor-support.ini
>
> Regards, Daniel