[openstack-dev] [hacking] proposed rules drop for 1.0

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Dec 9 11:39:43 UTC 2014

I'd like to propose that for hacking 1.0 we drop 2 groups of rules entirely.

1 - the entire H8* group. This doesn't function on python code, it
functions on git commit message, which makes it tough to run locally. It
also would be a reason to prevent us from not rerunning tests on commit
message changes (something we could do after the next gerrit update).

2 - the entire H3* group - because of this -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/140168/2/nova/tests/fixtures.py,cm

A look at the H3* code shows that it's terribly complicated, and is
often full of bugs (a few bit us last week). I'd rather just delete it
and move on.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague