[openstack-dev] [neutron] Changes to the core team

trinath.somanchi at freescale.com trinath.somanchi at freescale.com
Tue Dec 9 05:57:44 UTC 2014

Congratulation Kevin and Henry ☺

--
Trinath Somanchi - B39208
trinath.somanchi at freescale.com | extn: 4048

From: Kyle Mestery [mailto:mestery at mestery.com]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2014 11:32 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [neutron] Changes to the core team

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Kyle Mestery <mestery at mestery.com<mailto:mestery at mestery.com>> wrote:
Now that we're in the thick of working hard on Kilo deliverables, I'd
like to make some changes to the neutron core team. Reviews are the
most important part of being a core reviewer, so we need to ensure
cores are doing reviews. The stats for the 180 day period [1] indicate
some changes are needed for cores who are no longer reviewing.

First of all, I'm proposing we remove Bob Kukura and Nachi Ueno from
neutron-core. Bob and Nachi have been core members for a while now.
They have contributed to Neutron over the years in reviews, code and
leading sub-teams. I'd like to thank them for all that they have done
over the years. I'd also like to propose that should they start
reviewing more going forward the core team looks to fast track them
back into neutron-core. But for now, their review stats place them
below the rest of the team for 180 days.

As part of the changes, I'd also like to propose two new members to
neutron-core: Henry Gessau and Kevin Benton. Both Henry and Kevin have
been very active in reviews, meetings, and code for a while now. Henry
lead the DB team which fixed Neutron DB migrations during Juno. Kevin
has been actively working across all of Neutron, he's done some great
work on security fixes and stability fixes in particular. Their
comments in reviews are insightful and they have helped to onboard new
reviewers and taken the time to work with people on their patches.

Existing neutron cores, please vote +1/-1 for the addition of Henry
and Kevin to the core team.
Enough time has passed now, and Kevin and Henry have received enough +1 votes. So I'd like to welcome them to the core team!

Thanks,
Kyle

Thanks!
Kyle