[openstack-dev] [MagnetoDB][api] Hello from the API WG

Everett Toews everett.toews at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Dec 8 14:58:46 UTC 2014

Hello MagnetoDB!

During the latest meeting [1] of the API Working Group (WG) we noticed that MagnetoDB made use of the APIImpact flag [2]. That’s excellent and exactly how we were hoping the use of flag as a discovery mechanism would work!

We were wondering if the MagentoDB team would like to designate a cross-project liaison [3] for the API WG?

We would communicate with that person a bit more closely and figure out how we can best help your project. Perhaps they could attend an API WG Meeting [4] to get started.

One thing that came up during the meeting was my suggestion that, if MagnetoDB had an API definition (like Swagger [5]), we could review the API design independently of the source code that implements the API. There are many other benefits of an API definition for documentation, testing, validation, and client creation.

Does an API definition exist for the MagnetoDB API or would you be interested in creating one?

Either way we’d like to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Cheers,
Everett

P.S. Just to set expectations properly, please note that review of the API by the WG does not endorse the project in any way. We’re just trying to help design better APIs that are consistent with the rest of the OpenStack APIs.

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/api_wg/2014/api_wg.2014-12-04-16.01.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/138059/
[3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#API_Working_Group
[4] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/API-WG